Vashon Center for the Arts offers our community a wide range of educational opportunities for all ages through our Vashon Center for Dance and Arts Education programs. While we make every effort to offer our classes at affordable prices, we recognize that members of our community may need financial help in order to pursue their passion for the arts.
The VCA Scholarship Program offers needs-based financial assistance to applicants. While we give priority to children and young adults, we consider applications from all potential students.
Scholarship recipients are expected to meet the following class standards in order to continue to receive financial support:
- Full attendance as defined by instructor.
- Full participation in all the program activities as defined by instructor.
- In good standing on any installment payment plan.
Scholarships may be awarded for up to 75% of the price of the class.
- Awards may not be transferred to another class.
- Summer camp awards are limited to two per applicant.
Scholarship funds may only be used for programming that is produced and managed by Vashon Center for the Arts and staffed by teachers who have been vetted and either hired or contracted by VCA. There will be no exceptions allowed to this policy.