Vashon Center for the Arts is seeking a part-time Box Office/Front of House Assistant. The position entails the following activities and requirements:
- Direct interaction with patron, customers, and guests on phone and in person
- Selling tickets and membership using a computerized data system
- Accurate accounting of all daily receipts and cash transactions
- Assist customers with navigating VCA’s website of upcoming events
- Provide some admin support to VCA staff when needed – bulk mailings, typing, filing, sorting mail
- Setup of event front of house concessions area
- Stewardship of volunteers
- Occasional support back stage and in coordination with front of house and tech director for performance events
- Assist with implementation of a Front of House and Box Office staffing schedule
- Assistance with concierge and hospitality for stage talent
- Availability to work flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and occasional holidays
VCA’s Box Office and Front of House staff must demonstrate:
- Professional and welcoming presence with our public
- Positive attitude when dealing with customer complaints
- Ability to manage a high volume of customers on performance nights when Box Office opens
- Engage and supervise volunteers on event nights – ushers, concessions, etc.
- Initiative and problem solving skills
- Computer knowledge
- Basic math aptitude
- Experience with ticketing software systems preferred
- Prior cash handling experience or accounting knowledge
- Able to handle extended periods of standing, walking, bending and kneeling
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job when circumstances change.
Compensation: This is a part-time position. Compensation range $15-$17/hour DOE. Benefits include discounts for class registration and art purchases.
Start Date: Immediately
To Apply: Submit (1) a cover letter describing your relevant work and life experience and interest in working at Vashon Center for the Arts and (2) a current resume highlighting relevant work experience. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and should be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.