Call for Artists – March 2021
We are joining the international recognition of March 8th as International Women’s Day, with a month long exhibit celebrating women. We believe celebrating women’s achievements and increasing visibility, while calling out inequality, is key.
UN Women has announced the theme for International Women’s Day, 8 March 2021(IWD 2021) as, “Women in leadership: Achieving an equal future in a COVID-19 world.” The theme celebrates the tremendous efforts by women and girls around the world in shaping a more equal future and recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
We welcome proposals for art shows, solo or group, by women, about women, and for women.
- Complete application – link below. Application has two parts:
- Submission of the application form.
- Submission by email of images of artwork.
- Please read the instructions carefully to submit as requested. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Deadline for application: February 8th at midnight.
- All medium and sizes of 2-D and 3-D.
- Eligible art has not have been shown at VCA or any Vashon gallery or location within the last 3 years.
- Artists residing in the continental US.
- Notifcation of acceptance: Feb. 10th.
- Deliver of art: March 1st.
- Delivered in person to VCA.
- Shipment of art must be pre-approved by gallery director.
- Friday opening: March 5th.
- Closing date: March 28th.
- Gallery hours of operation: Thur – Sun. 12noon – 4pm.
- All art must be for sale.
- Artist responsible for delivery of art, and pick-up of unsold art.
APPLICATION DEADLINE – February 8th at midnight