Call for Artists – March 2021
We are joining the international recognition of March 8th as International Women’s Day, with a month long exhibit celebrating women. We believe celebrating women’s achievements and increasing visibility, while calling out inequality, is key.
UN Women has announced the theme for International Women’s Day, 8 March 2021(IWD 2021) as, “Women in leadership: Achieving an equal future in a COVID-19 world.” The theme celebrates the tremendous efforts by women and girls around the world in shaping a more equal future and recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
We welcome proposals for art shows, solo or group, by women, about women, and for women.
- Complete application – link below. Application has two parts:
- Submission of the application form.
- Submission by email of images of artwork.
- Please read the instructions carefully to submit as requested. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Deadline for application: February 8th at midnight.
- All medium and sizes of 2-D and 3-D.
- Eligible art has not have been shown at VCA or any Vashon gallery or location within the last 3 years.
- Artists residing in the continental US.
- Notifcation of acceptance: Feb. 10th.
- Deliver of art: March 1st.
- Delivered in person to VCA.
- Shipment of art must be pre-approved by gallery director.
- Friday opening: March 5th.
- Closing date: March 28th.
- Gallery hours of operation: Thur – Sun. 12noon – 4pm.
- All art must be for sale.
- Artist responsible for delivery of art, and pick-up of unsold art.
APPLICATION DEADLINE – February 8th at midnight
January Gallery Hours
January gallery hours: Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun: 12pm – 4pm
Private viewings are available. email email@example.com to schedule
We provide a safe enjoyable experience for visitors by adhering to King County safety precautions.
COVID Protocols : Please note that all visitors are required to wear masks, that there is a limited number allowed in the Gallery at a time, and the VCA restrooms are closed to the public.
Perspective. Hindsight. Foresight. Insight.
We believe art is informed by our past, gives us insight into ourselves and the world we live within, and offers inspiration for dreams for the future.
We continue to present exhibitions that engage the viewers in a conversations with others or within themselves. Our curation since COVID has worked to do exhibitions that inspire collectors and also supports our artists in terms of selling their art.
While the art in our galleries come from artists up and down the Pacific Northwest, our direction, curation, and display are rooted in Vashon.