Natural Wonders Clay Camp
Mon-Fri, Aug 17-21 | 10 am-noon
Tuition: $155 Member | $170 General (includes $35 materials fee)
Instructor: Carolina Silva
Location: Blue Heron Back Yard
Join Carolina Silva for this outdoor camp with COVID-safe protocols in place. Learn different hand-building and decorative techniques to use with clay. Find inspiration for your work with clay in the patterns, colors and texture of nature. Each day will weave clay and nature through clay exploration, games and stories.
Each day will begin at our welcome station–complete with gel sanitizer, name tags and a check to make sure students’ masks are tied comfortably. Then we’ll move into intro conversations and warm up activities for working with clay.
To help ensure safety, each student will have a box with their own clay and set of tools. Students will wash and store their tools after each class.
- Monday: work with slab making plates or tiles, imprinting leaves, flowers, bark, pebbles and other natural elements on clay to create a pattern with textures.
- Tuesday: work on sculptural hand-building techniques to make a candle holder with a woodland scene so your candle stands among mushrooms, flowers, squirrels or any creature of your choice.
- Wednesday: make a box or a vase using different decorative techniques
- Thursday: start glazing pieces and finish any unfinished project
- Friday: work on a collaborative piece and finish any previous projects
For questions, please call 206-259-3005 or email VCA Registrar at email@example.com