Mythical Creature Puppet Camp
Mon-Fri, Aug 24-28 | 10 am-1 pm**NEW DATES – OUTDOOR CAMP
Tuition: $210 Member | $225 General (includes $30 materials fee)
Instructor: Adam Ende
Location: Blue Heron Back Yard
Join Adam for a hands-on, high magic outdoor camp with COVID-safe protocols in place. There are 3 essential parts of creating a puppet show—building, writing, and playing. We will explore all three in an easy-going daily flow. Students use recycled materials to build a puppet, experimenting with drawing, painting, sculpture, and papier mâché skills. We brainstorm together, collaborate on writing techniques, as well as improv exercises, theater games and good, old fashioned play to create short, fun scenes.
Class will be a little different each day—as will the puppets we create!
Our Daily Schedule:
- Each day will begin at our welcome station–complete with gel sanitizer, name tags and a check to make sure students’ masks are tied comfortably. Then we’ll move into intro conversations and warm up activities for working with clay.
- Building the puppets will be a step by step process—using demonstration, open studio time to work and chat, collaborate and build our puppets.
- Daily flow includes snack breaks and lunch. Students should bring a sack lunch and water bottle to camp each day.
- Class reconvenes after lunch to finish any parts of the building process, brainstorming & writing games.
- Each day ends by sharing our work, and having time to play with puppets, explore how the puppets move & breathe, and the magic of bringing them to life.
On the first day of camp please bring: 1. a favorite toy, doll or stuffie, and 2. a kitchen appliance or tool (for example a corkscrew, hammer, teapot, whisk, egg beater, Flour sifter, pliers, Wrench or whatever) to use as puppets to play and experiment with.
For questions, please call 206-259-3005 or email VCA Registrar at email@example.com