Friday Arts Lab:
Spanish Art Explorations
Fridays, Sept 25-Oct 23 | 1:30-3 pm
Tuition: $125 (includes $40 materials fee)
Instructor: Carolina Silva
Location: VCA Breezeway
Taught by Spanish artist Carolina Silva, this class introduces conversational Spanish while kids explore a variety of artistic materials including watercolor, cardboard, clay and wire to create unique artwork. Carolina will introduce the work and processes of Hispanic artists for inspiration and conversation.
Each class will focus on a different project:
• Painting and Drawing – Explore using color boldly, experiment making your own colors and work in different scales. Learn ways to create patterns and be expressive through color, whether figurative or abstract.
• Collage and Construction – Combine disparate materials to create harmonious sculptures and collages. Make mobiles, wire sculptures and create constructions using materials both found and traditional.
• Clay – Learn basic ceramic hand-building skills to do some sculpting and create your own functional pieces like plates or bowls using slab.
• Accordion Book – Make your own picture story book using watercolors, collage or drawing.
• House Design – Using boxes, recycled and art materials, design their own house – building with cardboard, wood – and create your own furniture, wallpaper and plants.
For questions or help with registration, contact VCA Registrar:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-259-3005