HEART OF RESILIENCE
A Vashon Community Fund Raising Exhibition for artists and Vashon non-profits with art themed around hearts and resiliency.
Vashon Center for the Arts invites all artists to be part of our June show “Heart of Resilience”. This show is a Vashon community fund raising exhibition for artists and Vashon non-profits and will run for the month of June. The exhibition will be hung in the Koch Gallery and sold online. The proceeds of the sale benefit both the artist and a Vashon non-profit selected by the buyer.
Submission Form and images of art DEADLINE, May 22, 2020. Art to be delivered to VCA, May 27, 28, or 29. Show opens June 5th.
Resilience: the ability to recover from or adjust easily to misfortune or change. (Merriam-Webster)
The focus of the exhibition is resiliency, with the symbol of the heart.
- What is the heart of resilience for you?
- What does resilience mean to you?
- What is the key ingredient of resilience for you?
- What do you think it requires?
- What makes you resilient?
- How are your cultivating resiliency during the time of COVID-19?
- How are you staying resilient during this uncertain time?
All pieces should have a heart included in the work in some way or form. It can be any size or any part of the piece of work.
FUNDRAISING for VASHON NON-PROFITS and ARTISTS
This exhibit’s focus is to support Vashon non-profits and artists. 80% of the sales proceeds will be split 50/50% between Artist and a Vashon non-profit. The buyer of the art will select the non-profit that is the beneficiary of the item they purchase. The remaining 20% of the sale is applied to VCA online gallery operating expenses and credit card fees.
DETAILS & CRITERIA
- Open to all artists.
- Open to all forms of medium.
- We are requesting the symbol of love – a heart – be included in the art piece.
- Each artist can submit up to three (3) pieces of work.
- Selling price is set by the artist.
- Only new work or work that has not been shown at VCA previously is eligible.
- All work needs to be shippable.
- All 2D work needs to be hang ready (either framed or hooks on back).
- Submission form and two images of each piece of work due by May 22, 2020. Please submit all images in one email.
- Sales are online via www.artpal.com/vca
- Art will be hung in the Koch Gallery.
- Sales will be conducted online.
- In addition, if we can open gallery in June (for example by appointment or small groups) we will.
- Prices are determined by the artists.
- 80% will be split 50/50 between the artist and the Vashon non-profit of the buyer’s choice.
- 20% is applied to VCA’s transaction fees and gallery administration costs.
- Art to be delivered to VCA – by appointment to maintain physical distance – on May 27, 28, or 29. Or shipped. Please contact Gallery Director if other arrangements need to be made.
- VCA responsible for:
- Sales transaction
- Collection of taxes
- Delivery/shipment of sold art
- Distribution of funds to non-profits.
Submission Form and images of art DEADLINE, May 22, 2020. Please submit all images in one email. See submission form with other details for art images.
We are resilient. Art Endures.
Any questions – contact Gallery Director at firstname.lastname@example.org