Calling Vashon Artists to apply for the 3rd annual Vashon Summer Arts Fest.
Deadline for applications: Wednesday, June 17, 2020
Festival dates: July 3 – August 29, 2020
Our third annual Arts Fest continues. This festival is dedicated to Vashon artists, exhibiting over 125 artists each year. The festival includes both novice and experienced artists showing their work, inspiring one another, and connecting around their artistry. Vashon art patrons see the breadth and depth of the Vashon artist community.
This year we will continue to foster connection and community with this participatory event that engages the artists in the installations and gallery openings. Arts Fest’s heart is sustained by the active contributions of the artists the installation and promotion of their shows. This is a community event for and with the Vashon artist community.
- Vashon Summer Arts Fest opens July 3rd and closes August 29th
- Exhibitions are by Vashon artists, only.
- We are accepting applications for solo shows and group shows.
- Each exhibit is up for three weekends.
- Each rotation of shows have an Opening Reception.
- You must be a Vashon resident or own property on Vashon or have grown up on Vashon to apply. This includes all individuals in group shows.
- All art pieces must be original and for sale. “Not for Sale” items are not eligible.
- Art pieces must not have been show at VCA within the last 18 months.
CREATING THE EXHIBITS
How it works for Art Exhibitions:
- Art is delivered and installed Monday – Thursday
- Opening night is the Friday of that week.
- Artists are responsible for delivering art to VCA, hang-ready. Hang-ready means that the art is wired or framed in a way that it can be hung from an art hook or nail.
- Artists are responsible (or designate someone else) for hanging their own show, with VCA guidance and supplies.
- Art is sold by VCA, under a commission/loan agreement (and pays all applicable sales tax.)
- Artists are responsible for picking up art the Monday following their closing weekend.
Art Exhibition Spaces:
- When you apply, you will have a choice of linear wall space or square footage floor space.
- VCA will determine the exact location of your exhibition within the space of the Koch Gallery, Atrium and Gift Shop.
- All exhibitions will be hung in the gallery space of the Kay White Hall.
- Art will shown and available for sale online on VCA’s online gallery and website.
- The exhibitions in the gallery will be open to the public depending on whatever Phase we are in for King County.
- Things change weekly, so we will adapt to whatever we can do within the safety protocols in place.
Deadline for applications (and accompanying images): Wednesday, June 17, 2020
1. Complete this Application
2. Email images of the work in your show to: LynannP@VashonCenterfortheArts.org
The images can be of:
– the completed work that you will be exhibiting
– work in process
– work that represents the work you plan to include in the show
– No larger than 2Mg
– Name file with this format : ArtistName_ArtTItle. For example: JillArtist_TheThinker.jpg
Your application is considered complete with the submission of this Application here and the photos emailed to the address above. Unfortunately, incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applications will be reviewed and juried in. Final decisions on acceptance will be distributed by Friday & Saturday June 20, 2020
We thank you for your interest and look forward to seeing what artistry you are contributing.
If you have any questions, email email@example.com