House Manager and Volunteer Coordinator
VCA is seeking a part time House Manager and Volunteer Coordinator. The successful candidate will be friendly, efficient and effective, demonstrate excellent customer service skills and able to multi-task, work in a team environment and meet deadlines. Proficiency with Microsoft Office and an aptitude to work with our online ticketing platform is required.
Areas of Responsibility
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- House Management
- Oversee front of house activities to include box office and concessions during performances and events
- Provide customer service to patrons
- Oversee volunteer ushers and box office
- Sell tickets and conduct other ticketing transactions as necessary
- Supervise Assistant House Managers
- Work schedule will primarily follow the VCA event and performance schedule which includes evenings and weekends.
- Volunteer Coordination
- Recruit volunteers for the VCA volunteer guild
- Lead the volunteer guild and provide training as necessary
- Coordinate volunteer sign ups and duties for VCA events and performances
- Plan and host volunteer appreciation events
- The work schedule for these duties is largely flexible and can be performed either during a typical work week or in the evenings. Ideally, this person will work Monday and Friday during the day, schedule TBD. Other week day work may be scheduled as necessary for specific events or duties.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrate ability to carry out tasks in a reliable, productive and expedient manner and be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Provides clear, concise, and timely communication to other departments.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with volunteers, vendors, employees, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows, Microsoft Office including, Word, Excel, and Outlook, and other standard office equipment.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Bachelor’s level degree in Fine Arts is preferred. Previous experience can be considered to meet the education requirement.
- Vashon resident preferred.
- Must be 21 or over.
- Must possess a valid Washington Driver’s License and have reliable transportation.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand for long periods and work on a computer, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. The employee will frequently need to lift and move objects up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job in a public setting with a crowd. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job when circumstances change.
Start Date & Compensation
Compensation: This is a part-time position. The starting hourly rate is $17.00.
Start Date: August-September 2018
To Apply: Submit (1) a cover letter describing your relevant work and life experience and interest in working at Vashon Center for the Arts and (2) a current resume highlighting relevant work experience. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and should be e-mailed to: Angela@VashonCenterfortheArts.org. No phone calls please.