Patron Services Manager
The Patron Services Manager is responsible for greeting and assisting patrons in person, by phone and online, managing interoffice communications regarding patron information and issues, conducting ticket sales and event reservations, and entering donor records for the organization. Other responsibilities include performing daily clerical tasks, providing general administrative support, and responding to inquiries for facility rentals. As the first line of contact for many of VCA’s patrons and the general public, the Patron Services Manager serves as an ambassador for the company and its continued growth, development and success. The Patron Services Manager reports directly to the Artistic Director and works closely with all other staff and volunteers when supporting particular areas.
Information below is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job when circumstances change.
Areas of Responsibility
Box Office, Gallery and Events
- Provide first-class customer service to all patrons, vendors, and volunteers.
- Process ticket orders, donations, and event registrations through mail, phone, walk-up, and online orders.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of tickets sales and event registration records.
- Manage the processing, printing and mailing of all season, single and event tickets for timely delivery to patrons.
- Print and organize Will Call tickets for events as appropriate.
- Process complimentary ticket requests from artists, sponsor comp tickets, and gift certificates and vouchers.
- Maintain and enforce ticketing policies.
- Incorporate aspects of marketing and fundraising into the box office, including: taking a lead role in subscription renewals and ticket upgrades, soliciting donations with phone and walk-up ticket orders, promoting/upselling upcoming events and opportunities to patrons and future patrons .
- Process Gallery and Gift shop sales as needed.
- Database Support
- Enter donations into Theatre Manager database on a daily basis.
- Maintain highest level of accuracy in Theatre Manager – ticketholders, event attendees, advertisers, sponsors, and contacts.
- Capture full and accurate information for potential patrons from various sources.
- Create event inventories and campaigns for upcoming events and fundraisers.
- Create accurate address lists for both general and targeted mailings
- Create new database objects as needed.
- Membership renewals- Coordinate with Development Manager to ensure renewal notifications are sent on a timely basis.
- Thank you letters and packets- Coordinate with Development Manager to prepare letters and packets.
- Open and close the Katherine L White Hall Monday through Friday.
- Answer telephone and respond to general inquiry e-mails, taking accurate messages and transferring to appropriate staff member.
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator to assign tasks and manage volunteers.
- Collect mail daily at the Vashon post office, distribute, and log daily receipts
- Maintain and reconcile front desk till on a daily basis
- Assist with set-up, break-down, and any other event needs.
- Purchase office supplies as needed and approved, including general office supplies (paper, labels, ink, etc.). This includes on-line orders and in-store purchases at approved vendors. Maintain up-to-date inventory log at all times.
- Attend monthly staff meetings
- Responsible for maintaining a calendar of meetings and rentals.
- Field and manage facility rental inquiries in a timely and effective manner.
- Develop rental agreements and convey event requirements to appropriate staff members.
- Ensure facility rental rates and contracts are up to date and enforced.
Responsible for general upkeep of lobby and admin areas including but not limited to: loading/unloading dishwasher, keeping kitchen and conference room uncluttered, replacement of supplies, restocking restrooms, relocation of items to proper storage space, and lifting heavy items up to 40 lbs.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrate ability to carry out tasks in a reliable, productive and expedient manner and be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Provides clear, concise, and timely communication to other departments.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with volunteers, vendors, employees, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows, Microsoft Office including, Word, Excel, and Outlook, and other standard office equipment.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Bachelor’s level degree in Fine Arts or related field preferred.
- Proficient and current computer skills are required. Experience with databases is preferred.
- Vashon residents preferred.
- Must possess a valid Washington Driver’s License and have reliable transportation.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods, use fingers and hands to type, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk and hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job in a public setting with a crowd. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job when circumstances change.
Start Date & Compensation
Compensation: $17/Hr. There will be a set schedule, plus occasional evening and weekend work for performances and annual fundraising events. VCA provides paid time off and holiday pay. This position is eligible to participate in the group health and dental plan.
Start Date: September/October 2018
To Apply: Submit (1) a cover letter describing your relevant work and life experience and interest in working at Vashon Center for the Arts and (2) a current resume highlighting relevant work experience. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and should be e-mailed to: Angela@vashoncenterforthearts.org. No phone calls please.