Call For Artists for Solo Shows, Group Show and Workshops/Demos
Welcome to the second annual Vashon Summer Arts Fest at Vashon Center for the Arts.
Calling Vashon Artists to apply for 2019 Vashon Summer Arts Fest. Deadline March 15.
Last year we had an amazing series of shows with over 125 Vashon artists participating in 40 solo and group shows, plus weekly demonstrations and workshops.
We continue this year in the spirit generated when both novice and experienced artists show their work, inspire one another, and connect around their artistry. Vashon art patrons and Island visitors saw the breadth and depth of the Vashon artist community.
This year we will continue to foster community with an even more participatory event by engaging the artists in the installations and gallery openings. Vashon Center for the Arts provides the venue and production support, but Arts Fest’s heart is sustained by the active contributions of the artists in all aspects of the event. This year we are calling in the artists to curate, hang, and promote their shows. This is a community event for and with the Vashon artist community.
- Vashon Summer Arts Fest opens July 5th and closes August 25th
- Arts Fest shows Vashon artists only.
- We are accepting applications for solo shows and group shows.
- There are 10 exhibition areas.
- Each exhibit is up 10 days, inclusive of two weekends.
- There are new installations each week with Art Opening parties each Friday.
Art Exhibition Schedule
How it works for Art Exhibitions:
- Shows load in Monday and hung Tuesday- Thursday
- Opening night is the first Friday of the two weekend show from 6pm-9pm
- Artists are responsible for delivering art to VCA, hang-ready
- Artists are responsible (or designate someone else) for hanging their own show, with VCA guidance and supplies.
- Art is sold by VCA, under a commission/loan agreement (and pays all applicable sales tax.)
- Artists are responsible for picking up art the Monday following their closing weekend.
Art Exhibition Spaces:
- Koch Gallery has four mini-galleries
- The Atrium has three mini-galleries (walls), two floor areas and the Gift Shop
DEMONSTRATIONS & WORKSHOPS
How it works for demonstrations and workshops:
- Demonstrations and workshops will take place on Saturday during July & August some time between 12-5pm.
- All events are free.
- All events are drop in (no pre-registration required).
- All events will be in the Atrium or Patio.
Art Workshop & Demonstration Schedule
- Saturday July 6
- Saturday July 13
- Saturday July 27
- Saturday August 3
- Saturday August 10
- Saturday August 17
WHAT TO DO NEXT
For Art Exhibitions:
Fill out our Summer ArtsFest:
For Art Demonstrations & Workshops:
Fill out our Summer ArtsFest:
Be sure to fill out the application completely so that we have all the information to make our decisions.
Deadline for applications March 15, 2019
We thank you for your interest and look forward to seeing what artistry you are contributing.
If you have any questions, email email@example.com